Division level insights
Implement financially-driven sustainability solutions designed for procurement, sales, reporting, finance and product development
Procurement staff are typically overscheduled and have little time to think beyond costs and deliverables. Aligned Incentives provides financially-based sustainability analytics that are tailored to procurement needs, such as reducing total cost of ownership or reducing the organization’s exposure to increases in commodity prices.
- Understand how social and environmental factors affect procurement costs and risks
- Quantify the total cost of ownership of various product and material options
- Reduce a company’s exposure to costs and risks, both in acquisition and operations
Sales & marketing insights
Companies often struggle to fully understand their customers’ sustainability-related priorities. Customer segments can be influenced by many drivers, including:
- Shifts in market demand;
- Total cost of ownership of purchased products;
- Price and supply volatility of key input commodities;
- External stakeholders pushing for the mitigation of negative impacts; and
- Regulators imposing stricter requirements.
Aligned Incentives provides clients with customized analytics to better understand their particular customers across relevant environmental and social issues. We leverage our experience working with the world’s largest buyers to reveal customer preferences through customer surveys, desk research, competitive interviews and in-depth focus groups.
- Understand what drives your customers when it comes to sustainability issues, by customer segment, for both B2B an B2C businesses
- Express competitive benefits linked to sustainability in terms your customers care about
- Test potential sales improvements linked to properly communicated sustainability initiatives
- Track progress in sales directly resulting from sustainability initiatives
Most industry analysts now focus on making sure that companies understand and focus on societal impacts that are material. We help our clients predictably increase their company ratings by quantifying their cradle-to-grave impacts and developing cost-effective plans for reducing these impacts and their associated costs and risks.
- Deliver third party reports that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the company’s impact, costs and risks
- Boost company sustainability ratings
- Improve industry rankings
Financial control insights
Aligned Incentives enables Finance departments to make sense of sustainability in financial terms, answering questions such as:
- How, if at all, do sustainability issues affect the financial health of the business?
- How financially material are our regulatory risks?
- How sensitive is our business to market volatility of sustainability-related commodities such as energy and water?
- How can I evaluate whether or not sustainability initiatives truly add value to our business?
- What are our supply chain risks? How material are these under various regulatory scenarios?
- How do sustainability issues affect our customers’ total cost of ownership?
- Understand the materiality of sustainability issues in financial terms
- Uncover financial risks associated with regulatory changes and increasing commodity prices
- Justify funding increases for sustainability initiatives by demonstrating a compelling business case
Product development insights
For most companies, over 70% of the decisions that affect their corporate footprint are made during the product development phase. Aligned Incentives offers services that enable product designers and developers to understand, early on, how various material and design choices affect a product’s cradle-to-grave footprint, both from a societal and financial perspective.
- Get upfront insights to understand trade-offs and optimize product design
- Understand environmental and social impacts of product designs without the need for a background in sustainability
- Optimize trade-offs between costs, performance and societal impacts